Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Old and New Necklace

Now that I am back from traveling and teaching, I have completed my old and new element necklace design proposed by Art Beads. The antique brass flowers are imbedded on a brick stitched circle with loops designed to take the strung "new" resin bead elements. I wanted the flowers to stay right side out and not swing to the wrong side as they were being worn. The brick stitched palette with the spaced loops holds the flowers right side out. The resin elements are arranged in a rainbow progression, becoming larger toward the bottom to balance the asymmetrically placed flowers. The beads are strung on Conso, a braided nylon upholstery thread and knotted, gluing the knots. I find that I am just not adept with crimp beads and have never had a Conso necklace come apart. I had to delay stringing the strands of resin beads as I only had gold and silver closures which just didn't match the antiqueness of the flowers. Although I would have preferred a closure with two separate attachment sites, I felt that the brass color was more important and found the antique brass flower toggle gave just the right flavor. Joanne

 Back view of brick stitched supports

Disclosure: The Vintage brass filagree flower pendants were kindly provided free-of-charge by Artbeads.com, within the frames of Artbeads.com blogging program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author.

No comments:

Post a Comment