Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another Award

Wow, I can't believe 3 awards in one month. I just received notification that my black and white necklace won first place in the Silversilk contest. The pendant is porcelain on sterling from Artbeads. I used square stitch to mimic the checkerboard pattern and peyote for the spiral part. I was able to stitch right through the silversilk to attach the beadwork to the knit-like flexi-chain. I believe it makes a very wearable piece. I did this piece for the next Black and White theme show at the Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery at the Torpedo Factory, 10 N Union St, Alexandria, VA which will run Oct 22 to Nov 19.


 Here is a second necklace I did with the Silversilk and an etched glass pendant by Nikki Blanchard using a sterling and amethyst clasp from Star's Clasps.
Joanne

3 comments:

  1. Joanne, good for you. Simple elegance and well deserved awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that that you can generate cash by locking special sections of your blog / website?
    All you need to do is join CPALead and implement their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you monetizing your premium shared links?
    Did you know that AdscendMedia will pay you an average of $0.50 per uploaded file download?

    ReplyDelete