Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fall Beadwork Necklace


I'm a little late with my Tribute to Fall necklace. I fell in love with this particular hand painted porcelain and sterling pendant from Artbeads, paired it with some stoneware tube beads repeating the triangles found in the pendant, and thought that I would imbed it in brick stitched chevrons and arrowheads. However, when I actually received the pendant, it was so strong that I just couldn't see surrounding it with seed bead work. I thought about this piece all winter. It just needed to stand alone. I am not a bead stringer but prefer to work with more elaborate stitching. I appreciate "less is more" when others do it, but tend toward a "more is better" person in my own work.

I finally hit on a strip of right angle weave and some glass chevron beads. I chose to work the RAW in large (for me) about size 6 beads so that I could use a heavier thread that I usually use since it would need to carry the weight of the pendant. The areas of right angle weave are alternated with short strung sequences containing the stoneware tube beads, glass chevrons and beads of glazed porcelain by Clay River Designs. The catch is a sterling toggle with imbedded carnelian by Star's Beads. I like to repeat elements found in the necklace in the catch, either by metal, color or both.

I was pleased that I could incorporate some beadwork stitching and still showcase this spectacular pendant. Joanne

  

Star's sterling-carnelian toggle clasp


Stoneware tubes 


Clay River Beads



Disclosure: The Hand painted porcelain and sterling pendant as well as the stoneware tube beads were kindly provided free-of-charge by Artbeads.com, within the frames of Artbeads.com blogging program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can make money by locking special pages of your blog or website?
    To start just open an account with Mgcash and run their Content Locking plugin.

    ReplyDelete